Biblical Character Illustrated Curriculum: Hospitality
The Biblical Character Illustrated Curriculum is designed to help you teach character with a focus on God’s Word and applying His ways in everyday decisions. Each booklet defines the featured character quality, examines related Scripture, offers practical application, presents a hymn and its history, and includes four lessons — each containing Bible story questions, a coloring page, a memory verse, and a related activity.
A closer look:
The hospitality booklet includes four lessons that teach children how to prepare for guests and value not only their friends, but those who are often overlooked or rejected by society:
- Affirm Others' Value features the story of Abraham’s unexpected visitors.
- Anticipate Others’ Needs features the story of he Shunammite woman preparing for a guest.
- Open My Home features the story of Lydia's open heart and home.
- Welcome the Overlooked features the story of unlikely guests welcomed to a grand banquet.
Through this study, children are encouraged to welcome all people and extend God’s love to them.
If you have any questions on using the material or would like more information on the character calendar or curriculum, please email us at [email protected].
“Thank you for putting this character curriculum together. My children have really enjoyed having the qualities laid out in such a fun and easy way to understand . . .
[It has] brought about some great discussion times in our family.”
—ARLETTA, MOTHER FROM KANSAS
- Format: Softcover
- Length: 32 Pages
- Publisher: IBLP Publications, 2021