Torchlighters: The William Tyndale Story
William Tyndale tops King Henry VIII's “Most Wanted” list in 1535 and is being pursued across Europe by the king's bounty hunters. What is his crime? Murder? Theft? No, none of these. William Tyndale's “crime” is translating the Bible into English for the common people. Is he willing to risk his life for this cause?
This episode of The Torchlighters follows William Tyndale's adventures as he works in secret, moving from town to town as a fugitive to avoid capture. Friends and allies help him along, but enemies may be lurking around any corner. Come along and see whether this Torchlighter completes his task before the king's men close in on him.
The Torchlighters is an ongoing series of animated programs with strong values and educational content for youth ages 8–12. Each Torchlighters episode presents the story of a true-life hero from Christian history. Kids will see what God can do through a “Torchlighter” and will be challenged to carry their own torch while learning about the history of our faith.
For more information on the series, visit www.torchlighters.org.
This resource is also available in Spanish.
DVD Special Features:
- Languages: English, Spanish, Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Hindi, Gujarati
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Stimulating interview with Dr. David Daniell, Tyndale scholar
- Fascinating interview with actor Russell Boulter, voice of Tyndale
- Comprehensive leader's guide with background information, timeline of the period, additional resources, and more
- Reproducible student handouts, including comprehension and discussion questions, puzzles, activities, coloring and more
- Interactive children's quiz
- Age Level: Youth Ages 8–12
- Format: DVD, Fullscreen
- Length: 30 minutes + extras
- Publisher: Christian History Institute, 2005
- Dimensions: 7 1/2", 5 1/2", 1/2"