Torchlighters: The George Muller Story
George Müller lives on radical prayer, depending on God to supply all his needs without asking for a cent from anyone—not even the congregation he pastors! When he comes into contact with the neglected street children of the city of Bristol (England), he discovers that the workhouses force these desperate orphans into unpaid labor.
George and his wife, Mary, open the first orphanages supported entirely by prayer, and God miraculously provides for their every need. But enemies of their work devise a plan to shut down the orphanages for good. Will George’s trust in God remain strong in the face of cunning opponents and desperate circumstances? Children and adults alike will see radical faith in action in this episode of The Torchlighters, Heroes of the Faith.
The Torchlighters is an ongoing series of animated programs with strong values and educational content for youth ages 8-12. Each Torchlighters episode presents the story of a true-life hero from Christian history. Kids will see what God can do through a "Torchlighter" and will be challenged to carry their own torch while learning about the history of our faith.
For more information on the series, visit www.torchlighters.org.
DVD Special Features:
- Languages: English, Spanish, Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Hindi, Gujarati
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Comprehensive leader's guide with background information, timeline of the period, additional resources, and more
- Reproducible student handouts, including comprehension and discussion questions, puzzles, activities, coloring and more
- Interactive children's quiz
- Age Level: Ages 8-12
- Format: DVD
- Length: 30 minutes + extras
- Publisher: Christian History Institute, 2018
- Dimensions: 7 1/2", 5 1/2", 1/2"