Biblical Character Illustrated Curriculum: Discretion
The Biblical Character Illustrated Curriculum is designed to help you teach character with a focus on God’s Word and applying His ways in everyday decisions. Each booklet defines the featured character quality, examines related Scripture, offers practical application, presents a hymn and its history, and includes four lessons — each containing Bible story questions, a coloring page, a memory verse, and a related activity.
A closer look:
The discretion booklet includes four lessons that illustrate how God enables us to demonstrate discretion:
- Choose My Words Carefully features the story of Elihu carefully addressing his elders.
- Choose the Wise Path features the story of young King Josiah and his choice.
- Control My Emotions features the story of Moses’ sin and the severe consequences.
- Turn Down Any Invitation to Do Wrong features the story of Joseph’s narrow escape.
Learning discretion helps children evaluate situations thoughtfully and respond in a way that honors the Lord, reflects Christ to others, and makes a positive impact on their futures.
If you have any questions on using the material or would like more information on the character calendar or curriculum, please email us at [email protected].
“Thank you for putting this character curriculum together. My children have really enjoyed having the qualities laid out in such a fun and easy way to understand . . . [It has] brought about some great discussion times in our family.”
—Arletta, mother from Kansas
- Format: Softcover
- Length: 32 pages
- Publisher: IBLP Publications, 2018