Biblical Character Illustrated Curriculum: Deference
The Biblical Character Illustrated Curriculum is designed to help you teach character with a focus on God’s Word and applying His ways in everyday decisions. Each booklet defines the featured character quality, examines related Scripture, offers practical application, presents a hymn and its history, and includes four lessons — each containing Bible story questions, a coloring page, a memory verse, and a related activity.
A closer look:
The deference booklet includes four lessons that illustrate how God enables us to demonstrate deference:
- Be a Good Example features the story of Paul supporting himself while he preaches.
- Use Music to Edify Others features the story of God giving Moses a song for Israel.
- Refrain From Causing Offense features the story of Peter paying taxes.
- Avoid Using Disrespectful Language features the story of Shimei’s bitter outburst toward David.
Learning deference helps children realize that, although we may be free to do many things, we gladly restrain ourselves because communicating God’s love to others has become more important to us than our preferences.
If you have any questions on using the material or would like more information on the character calendar or curriculum, please email us at [email protected].
“Thank you for putting this character curriculum together. My children have really enjoyed having the qualities laid out in such a fun and easy way to understand . . . [It has] brought about some great discussion times in our family.”
—Arletta, mother from Kansas
Take a sneak peek here:
- Format: Softcover
- Length: 32 pages
- Publisher: IBLP Publications, 2018